Research Assistant I (#648313)
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) and the Institute for Quantitative Health Science and Engineering (IQ) at Michigan State University are seeking a Research Assistant I for the Aguirre Lab. The Department of BME offers a unique environment for performing state-of-the-art research with many of the top scientists in the field. The Aguirre Lab research goals focus on discovering and developing novel therapeutic strategies for promoting cardiovascular regeneration and treating cardiovascular disorders.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Handling and caring of animals (zebrafish, mice) on a daily basis.
• Maintaining cell culture facilities and cell lines.
• Providing general technical assistance in support of the research team, and training new recruits in basic techniques.
• Performing routine laboratory experiment: western blotting, molecular biology assays, microscopy, etc.
• Working with vendors, placing product orders and maintaining lab inventory on a day-to-day basis.
• Maintaining lab records and protocols.
To apply for this position, please visit the MSU Careers site.